Best IELTS Books To Score An 8 Band (2022)
Are you looking for the best IELTS books to choose to ace your preparation? If yes, then give away all your worries. In this blog, we are going to talk about the best book for IELTS self-study.
With so many books and content available for IELTS preparation. It’s very tough to choose one and decide which one is the best for you. That is the reason we are here with this article. Here, we are going to inform you about the five best books available to get a band score of 8 or more. So let’s just dive in!
In this blog, we are going to discuss something very important that you need to know about the syllabus for IELTS. Also, we are going to provide you with some tips to get an 8 score in IELTS. By the end, you will be fully informed about the latest updates in the syllabus and exam pattern of IELTS.
Get 7+ IELTS band on first attempt
Training by British Council Certified Trainers
Table of Contents
- 5 best books to score an 8 band in 2022
5 Best IELTS Books To Score An 8 Band In 2022
The IELTS exam is not so easy to crack. But with determination, perseverance and dedication, anyone can crack it. But for the preparation to be done the right way, you need the right books. To help you out with the selection of books, we have articulated this blog.
Without further ado, let’s talk about the 5 best IELTS books to score well in your exams. From Barron’s IELTS, English vocabulary in use to the official Cambridge guide. We are going to talk about them all further.
Here they are:
Starting with the best book for ielts self-study, which is Barron’s IELTS Super pack. The author of the book is Lin Lougheed. It contains all the tips and tricks to ace your IELTS exam. It’s one of the best books for basic preparation. The book is suitable for professionals as well as academics.
Barron’s Superpack is an all-in-one book for students. It includes almost everything that you need to score well in your exams.
What will you get from this book?
- The book contains two audio CDs and two tests for practice.
- It contains plenty of information and the best thing about this book is that it’s very affordable.
- Barron’s book is comprehensive.
- It includes practice tests.
Moving towards the next book in our list which is, Official IELTS Practice Material. It is written by the partners of the IELTS examination. This book explains how each section of the test is examined at the time by offering tips and tricks on studying.
The students get practice tests that cover various topics. Like, as academic and general training, answer sheets, tapescripts, feedback from the examiners and so on. Also, this book will be beneficial for the teachers who are preparing for the exam.
What will you get from this book?
- It contains test papers for all four skills of general and academic training.
- Examiners’ tips and tricks to prepare for speaking and listening papers.
- It includes a DVD, audio of a sample speaking test and a listening test.
- The book not only helps the students but teachers as well.
- This is the best book for IELTS self-study.
Coming to the next best book for ielts self-study which is the Cambridge guide. It is a beginner’s guide to preparing for the IELTS exam. It is preferred by a lot of readers.
Moreover, this book contains a lot of helpful tricks, strategies and suggestions to guide you in exam preparation.
What does this book contain?
- It is a comprehensive book which covers the entire reading syllabus of IELTS.
- It contains the mistakes other IELTS students made, to help you out in your preparation.
- Also, the book has various tips and suggestions from the aspirants who have successfully cleared their exams.
- Not only this, but the book also comes with a DVD. It allows the aspirants to prepare for listening and speaking tests.
When giving the IELTS exam, vocabulary is of utmost importance. This book fulfils your need to learn vocabulary. Most importantly, this book is full of top-quality vocabulary and test papers. It is the most famous and best book for ielts self-study.
The book comes in multiple editions depending upon the stage of learning. It is very easy to use.
Why is it the most famous book?
- The words are explained in detail with meaning. Not only this but they are also presented on the other page with follow-up tasks.
- Each edition of the book has around 3000 latest vocabularies.
Now, let’s move to the last book of our article, which is Road to IELTS. It is not a book but a course developed by the British Council. It can be easily downloaded by the students as well as it’s simple to use.
Road to IELTS is the best book for ielts self-study. Also, it is the best course for preparation for the IELTS exam. It contains a lot of informative content. Like interactive practice exercises, video tutorials, mock test papers and so on.
The best thing about this book is that it contains easily downloadable practice papers. They help you by giving you a quick overview of the paper.
What’s so special about this book/ course?
- It offers around a hundred video tutorials and interactive activities for all four sections of the exam.
- The preparation material of the book/course is so wholesome that it makes you feel like you are learning live.
The blog on the best book for ielts self-study has come to an end. We have thoroughly researched and found out about these books. In the blog, we have mentioned the 5 latest and best books for the preparation of IELTS. All these books are best in their respective fields.
So, we hope this article helped you in finding the best book for ielts self-study. All these books will surely help you in getting a band score of 8 and above.
Yes, if you wish to study from the best mentors then make sure to join our online IELTS course. You’ll surely succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s nothing tough or easy, it’s just a matter of your hard work. The IELTS exam works on bands. A higher band score indicates that a student is fluent and has a good command of the language.
With StudAb online IELTS course, the candidates can easily get an 8 score in IELTS.
In such a case, a candidate will not get any refund. However, if the student is absent because of a medical emergency. Then students can apply for a refund. The candidate has to submit all the medical documents within five days.
Yes definitely. Though, IELTS is the toughest exam. But with proper guidance and sincere preparation, you can easily crack the IELTS exams.
It is, but with proper preparation and time management, anyone can get good results. So, there is no such thing as lengthy, it’s just about discipline and consistency.