New rules for international students in Canada 2022
In 2022, international students will have to meet new requirements in order to study in Canada. These new rules are being put in place to ensure that international students succeed academically and are able to find good jobs after they graduate.
The new requirements include:
- Passing an English proficiency test (IELTS/ TOEFL) before entering the country.
- Meeting the minimal income demand of $ 25,000 CAD/ INR 1515207.52 for a single person or $ 50,000 CAD/ INR 3030415.03 for a family of four.
- assuring that they’ve at least two years of post-secondary education or work experience before applying for residency.
- An acceptance letter from a designated educational institution. A designated educational institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.
- Completely vaccinated travellers will no longer need to give a pre-entry COVID- 19 test result to enter Canada by air, land, or water. Trippers arriving in Canada from any country, who qualify as completely vaccinated, may need to take a COVID- 19 molecular test on appearance if named for obligatory arbitrary testing.
Requirement Checklist for Canada
Travellers entering Canada by land, air, or water, anyhow of citizenship, must follow testing and quarantine conditions to keep everyone safe.
- Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer needed for completely vaccinated travelers entering Canada by land, air, or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your coming to Canada.
- Wear a mask at all times when in public spaces
- Maintain a list of all close connections for your first 14 days in Canada
Monitor yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19